This is where you’ll find all our technical reports. All are free to download for non-commercial use or for reference. If you want to use any of these documents, or any of their contents, in a commercial setting, please contact the QLPS team for conditions. Normally you’ll simply be required to acknowledge the copyright and National Lottery Heritage Fund support, but some of the data has more complicated ownership.
LPS documents and formal reports
- Landscape Conservation Action Plan part 1. (5Mb) The LCAP is the overall plan for the LPS, describing the project area, setting out some of the issues and opportunities, and how the Scheme will address them. It includes a great introduction to the geology, history, wildlife, and communities of the area.
- Part 2 contains the detailed project plans – it is not exactly confidential but does contain some commercially sensitive information. It is also too big a file to list for download here. Please contact the QLPS team if you’d like a copy.
- Landscape Character Assessment (11Mb). A Landscape Character Assessment describes the landscape of the area and sets out what is distinctive about it, and what the threats are to that distinctiveness. It’s a formal document but very readable.
- 2018 User Survey (3.6Mb) – a snapshot of who visits the AONB, with comparisons with previous similar surveys. Useful reading for anyone involved in tourism or visitor management.
- 2018 User Survey Appendix 1 – 2017 FAQ
- 2018 User Survey Appendix 2 – 2017 – The Year in Context
- 2018 User Survey Appendix 10 – Quantock Accessibility Survey Results
- QLPS Boundary Map (1.8Mb) – shows the project area, but we will be carrying out activities and events in surrounding communities too.
- QLPS Mid Term Evaluation Report – mid term Evaluation report from Heritage Insider
Project Surveys and Reports
Below you’ll find the documents and reports produced for the LPS for specific projects. You can download the full report here and go the relevant project page to get more background on the project aims.
- Cothelstone Hill Excavation Report & Cothelstone Hill Geophysics report. Cothelstone Hill was the target for our first community archaeology dig in the summer of 2021, and forms part of 3.5 Understanding the Landscape
- Dowsborough Drainage Archaeological Report 2.1 Follies & Features- Dowsborough Hillfort
- Crowcombe Court Excavation Report – this excavation is complete and the report is now available. This project is linked to 3.5 Understanding the Landscape, along with Crowcombe Court Geophysics Report
- Alfoxton Park Walled Garden Geophysics Report This report has been commissioned as part of 2.1 Follies and Features
- Cothelstone Park Tree Survey Report
- Alfoxton Park Lichen Survey (ORANGE, A., (2022). A Lichen Survey of Alfoxton Park. Report to Quantock Landscape Partnership Scheme)
- Alfoxton Park Saproxylic Survey (MCGILL, J., (2022). Survey for saproxylic invertebrates at Alfoxton Park in 2022. Report to Quantock Landscape Partnership Scheme)
- Alfoxton Park Moth Survey (MCGILL, J., (2022). Survey for moths at Alfoxton Park in 2022. Report to Quantock Landscape Partnership Scheme.)
- View to a Hill Final Report. This is the final report published by Fiona Fyfe Associates for QLPS. See project page 1.1 View to a Hill
Leaflets & Guides
- Quantock Landscape Partnership Scheme Leaflet
- QLPS grant scheme guidelines – This document gives details of our grant scheme fund. If you are interested in applying for a grant from our grant scheme you will need to read these guidelines before applying. You will also need to contact us to get an application form (contact details are in the guidelines document).
- QLPS grant scheme terms and conditions
- Wildflower for Wildlife Grant Information
- Wildflowers for Wildlife – This document was created in association with Friends of Quantock.
Our Quantock craft resources have moved! You can now find them here