This is where you’ll find everything from technical reports to ideas for “Blue Peter” style “makes” to keep you and your kids occupied during a lockdown. All are free to download for non-commercial use.
If you want to use any of these documents in a commercial setting, please contact the QLPS team for conditions. Normally you’ll be required to acknowledge the copyright and National Lottery Heritage Fund support.
LPS documents and formal reports
- Landscape Conservation Action Plan part 1. (5Mb) The LCAP is the overall plan for the LPS, describing the project area, setting out some of the issues and opportunities, and how the Scheme will address them. It includes a great introduction to the geology, history, wildlife, and communities of the area.
- Part 2 contains the detailed project plans – it is not exactly confidential but does contain some commercially sensitive information. It is also too big a file to list for download here. Please contact the QLPS team if you’d like a copy.
- Landscape Character Assessment (11Mb). A Landscape Character Assessment describes the landscape of the area and sets out what is distinctive about it, and what the threats are to that distinctiveness. It’s a formal document but very readable.
- 2018 User Survey (3.6Mb) – a snapshot of who visits the AONB, with comparisons with previous similar surveys. Useful reading for anyone involved in tourism or visitor management.
- 2018 User Survey Appendix 1 – 2017 FAQ
- 2018 User Survey Appendix 2 – 2017 – The Year in Context
- 2018 User Survey Appendix 10 – Quantock Accessibility Survey Results
- QLPS Boundary Map (1.8Mb) – shows the project area, but we will be carrying out activities and events in surrounding communities too.
2021-2022 Photography Competition
- QLPS Photography Competition Press Release
- QLPS Photography Competition Information & Entry Form (inc conditions of entry)
Leaflets & Guides
- Quantock Landscape Partnership Scheme Leaflet
- QLPS grant scheme guidelines – This document gives details of our grant scheme fund. If you are interested in applying for a grant from our grant scheme you will need to read these guidelines before applying. You will also need to contact us to get an application form (contact details are in the guidelines document).
- QLPS grant scheme terms and conditions
Get creative and have fun playing with nature and craft:
- ‘Jingle-toes’ Make your own festive footprints – Get creative over Christmas with these playful prints.
- ‘Pinecone Pals: Spaxton the Sheep’ – Make your own Quantock creature with our very own Pinecone Pal, Spaxton the Sheep.
- ‘Pinecone Pals: Watchet the Owl’ – Look out craft-lovers, Watchet the Owl has its eyes on your creativity at home. Make this Pinecone Pal and bring a bit of local wildlife to your seasonal decorations.
- ‘Pinecone Pals: Holford the Deer’ – Heads up! Here’s Holford the Deer our latest Pinecone Pal. See if you can make your own Holford from scratch.